Oracle Linux 5: Unable To Start O2cb Services - Hangs While Registering O2CB Cluster
Last updated on APRIL 10, 2016
Applies to:Linux OS - Version Oracle Linux 5.11 and later
- After patching and reboot of OCFS2 cluster nodes, it hangs while registering O2CB and it is not booting up.
- You may also see messages like "FATAL: Module ocfs2_stack_o2cb not found."
- The kernel was upgraded to 2.6.18-408.0.0.0.1.el5 as part of patching.
- ocfs2 tools RPM was upgraded to ocfs2-tools-1.8.6-2.el5
- Tried rebooting with the old kernel 2.6.18-407.0.0.0.1.el5 where it was running fine earlier and it also had the same issue.
- Using UEK kernel has no such problem, but other RHCK version(2.6.18) on OL5 may encounter the same issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms