Oracle Linux 5: Unable To Start O2cb Services - Hangs While Registering O2CB Cluster
(Doc ID 2112820.1)
Last updated on APRIL 15, 2019
Applies to:Linux OS - Version Oracle Linux 5.11 and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Version N/A and later
- After patching and reboot of OCFS2 cluster nodes, it hangs while registering O2CB and it is not booting up.
- You may also see messages like "FATAL: Module ocfs2_stack_o2cb not found."
- The kernel was upgraded to 2.6.18-408.0.0.0.1.el5 as part of patching.
- ocfs2 tools RPM was upgraded to ocfs2-tools-1.8.6-2.el5
- Tried rebooting with the old kernel 2.6.18-407.0.0.0.1.el5 where it was running fine earlier and it also had the same issue.
- Using UEK kernel has no such problem, but other RHCK version(2.6.18) on OL5 may encounter the same issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document