Unable to Login to Guest VMs.
(Doc ID 2218314.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle VM - Version 3.0.1 and later
Following symptoms were observed when trying to login to two of the guest VMs:
- Both VMs hang at login prompt after entering password.
- Both VMs hang at ssh login prompt after entering password.
- Services (such as DB) are up and functioning fine.
- Both VMs respond to ping just fine.
- Both OVS hosts are accessible fine.
- No errors on the console of OVS hosts.
- Following error on the console of VMs:
An investigation on the Oracle VM Servers and on the storage subsystem came up clean. However, the following observations made:
- "df" on the console of one of the OVS hosts showed that a repository was full.
- System disks of both of the VMs were on the repository which was full.
No changes has been done recently on the environment.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document