Oracle Linux: How to Migrate from Local to Local, Local to SAN, SAN to SAN / root file-system or either Migrate from non LVM boot / root file-system partition to LVM2 / extend standard ext4 file-system on non LVM2 device
(Doc ID 2267013.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2021
Applies to:Linux OS - Version Oracle Linux 5.1 to Oracle Linux 7.3 [Release OL5U1 to OL7U3]
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Version N/A and later
How to proceed with below OS boot migration:
- Local to Local boot / root file-system migration
- Local to SAN boot / root file-system migration
- from one SAN LUN to another SAN LUN boot / root file-system migration
- 3rd party multipath solution to multipathd ( DMMP ) boot / root file-system migration and vice versa
- Migrate / root partition from non LVM to LVM2 partition on local or LUN disk
- migrating boot partition to lvm2
- Extend non-lvm ext3/4 file-system
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document