DomUs Are Failing To Communicate to External Networks Through Oracle SDN (Xsigo)PVI Interface
Last updated on JUNE 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle VM - Version 3.3.1 and later
When using Oracle SDN (Xsigo) PVI interfaces as bonding devices for Virtual Machine(VM) networks (bridge), only with bonding mode 1 the VMs attached to that networks can reach out to gateway.
Using other bonding mode, only VMs guests running on the same Oracle VM Server using the same bridge networks can communicate with each other.
Below is the scenario of the issue:
- DomU guest01 and guest02 are running on dom0 ovs01
- DomU guest03 is running on dom0 ovs02
- All the dom0 nodes has identical deployment layout.
- Dom0 interfaces are created from Oracle SDN (Xsigo).
bond2 = pvi + pviB
BONDING_OPTS="mode=6 miimon=250 use_carrier=1 updelay=500 downdelay=500"
- Note the pviA/pviB are Xsigo PVI(private virtual interconnect) interfaces use xve driver.
- Bridge is on bonding interfaces
10cf0454c5 8000.00139780107c no bond2 >>>>>>>>>> problematic network
- All domUs (guest01, guest02, and guest03) have vif interfaces on bridge 10cf0454c5.
- With above configuration, the guest03 could not communicate with guest02 and guest01 through bridge 10cf0454c5(bond2).
- But no communication issue between ovs01 and ovs02 through bond2, and no issue between guest01 and guest02 which are running on same dom0 on the same bridge network.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms