Oracle Linux And VM Server: "Panic general protection fault: 0000 [#1] SMP"
(Doc ID 2318600.1)
Last updated on MAY 21, 2020
Applies to:Linux OS - Version Oracle Linux 6.0 to Oracle Linux 6.9 [Release OL6 to OL6U9]
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Version N/A and later
- Multiple unexpected reboots of server.
- VMCORE dump shows panic related to "general protection fault: 0000 [#1] SMP" message.
- VMCORE shows every CPU in the kernel idle loop.
- VMCORE stack trace shows "[exception RIP: __ticket_spin_lock+9]" as a component.
- Server is provisioned with either a Haswell or Broadwell family CPU.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document