TCP Connectivity Loss in All Virtual Guest Running on An Oracle VM Server
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle VM - Version 3.4.2 and later
- Randomly VMs stopped communicating(ssh,nfs,etc...) but not the Oracle VM Server.
- Packets with slow size(example: standard ping, arp, etc... ) still pass thru, but other tcp/udp packages doesn't.
- pings larger than 128 bytes (example 100-byte, 5000-byte) does not work
- It could be possible to see net_ratelimit in the messages of the Oracle VM server too.
- Rebooting any of the running VM guest fixes the communication in all other VMs.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms