Exadata: On KVM Based VMs, 'ibstatus' Shows Port DOWN and Causes RDS Communication Issues with Other VMs and Cell Nodes
(Doc ID 2697215.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 18, 2021
Linux OS - Version Oracle Linux 7.7 with Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel [4.14.35] and later
- VMs loses rds connectivity to all the other VMs and Cells.
- This causes Clusterware restarts. (some times VMS also crashes but no vmcore is dumped)
- Below call traces are seen from the system logs.
- ibstatus of this VM shows link status down and rds-info shows rds-ping in failed status.
- In the KVM host (physical layer) all the ports are up.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.