Load Average On VM's Increasing With fdisk Hang
(Doc ID 2724777.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 23, 2022
Applies to:Linux OS - Version Oracle Linux 6.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Load average on VM's hosted on VMWare increasing since UEK6 update from UEK5.
- Start to see the load on the system increase over time but CPU usage remains normal.
- Found that there are multiple "fdisk" processes running that were started by the OEM agent that is running on the VM.
- The "fdisk" processes cannot be killed (even with the agent stopped) and the only way to clear them is to reboot the VM. Also issuing a "fdisk -l" command will also just hang.
- Call traces found in /var/log/messages
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document