OCI - Intermittent Network Drops
(Doc ID 2735290.1)
Last updated on MAY 20, 2021
Applies to:Linux OS - Version Oracle Linux 7.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- OCI Instance shows intermittent network drop.
- Existing connections are fine and working on full bandwidth.
- When the issue is surface, it will not connect to new connection intermittently.
- For example, a new ssh session or a new iperf session etc.
- The only work around at that time is to reboot the instance
- Setup tcpdump on the instance which got the issue, run the same tcpdump on hypervisor where this guest is hosted and one on the good machine
- Start iperf in server mode on the host with this issue, and run iperf client from the good machine.
- When issue hits new connection to the iperf server will hung and will not connect intermittently.
- At that time, the tcpdump till the Hypervisor will show the packets and after that there won't be any information.
- It will appear as the packets are getting dropped between Hypervisor and the Guest.
- Same way the " # ip -s -s -s -d link "on the affected guest will not show any drops.
- But # netstat -s | grep -i pfmem on affected machine shows increase in counted when there is an issue happening.
- There is no specific changes on the stock OL7 Image on OCI
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document