Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.49 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running either nVision report request or an nVision Reportbook, the users/roles defined to be authorized to view the report in Report Manager do not have access to view said report. Meaning, when they navigate to Report Manager, they cannot view the report. Only the user that ran said report can view it.
Expect the users/roles specified in the distribution list to be able to see said report in Report Manager.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Reporting Tools - nVision - Define Reportbook - choose any Reportbook.
2. On the Reportbook page, choose to run it.
3. On the System Process Requests page, change the output type and format to web/xls.
4. Choose the Distribution Link.
5. Under the Distribute to, enter either users, roles or both. The oprid that's running the report should already be listed.
6. Run the report.
7. Once the report completes, go to Report Manager - Administration tab.
8. Find the reports and choose the details link.
9. Observe only the user that ran the report is present, other users/roles specified in Step 5 are not present. This is also the case if one observes the Parameter list for the Reportbook via Process Monitor - Details - Parameter list.
NOTE: In either case of an nVision Reportbook or an nVision report request, if one enters the users/roles into the Security template, then the distribution works fine.
NOTE: Issue is only affecting nVision Reportbooks and nVision report requests. Other processes like SQR, Application Engine programs run fine when the same Distribution Link steps are performed.
This problem appeared after upgrading to PeopleTools 8.49.24.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms