E-FTP: File Attachments Suddenly Stopped Working - General Troubleshooting Guide
(Doc ID 1061860.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 13, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.40 to 8.51 [Release 8.4]
PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Enterprise Learning Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document is for 8.4x - 8.51. For general troubleshooting tips for 8.52 and higher, please see:
<Note 1922297.1> - E-FTP: Troubleshooting FTP/SFTP/FTPS setup issues in PeopleTools 8.52 and higher
File Attachment functions (AddAttachment, ViewAttachment, GetAttachment, PutAttachment) were working fine, but suddenly stopped working. Sample symptoms include:
- ViewAttachment failed pop-up error when viewing attachments.
- An error has occurred when uploading attachments, logging the user out.
- File not found or file received has length zero error in browser
- Stuck or hung on Processing
- Following error in the app server log:
GetLocalFilePath (error): unable to create an sdir directory.
- Following error in the web server log:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No disk space on Application Server
Note that not all symptoms maybe encountered.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document