E-BI/XMLP: Running BI/XML Publisher Report from "Query Report Viewer" Fails with "Error generating report output: (235,2309)" when Query Data Source Contains Field Names with Invalid Characters
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.50 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Currency Checked December 2013 ***
*** Currency Checked January 2016 ***
On PeopleTools 8.50, when running a BI Publisher, (XML Publisher), report from "Query Report Viewer" it errors with "Error generating report output: (235,2309)" when Query Data Source contains field names with invalid characters.
The error occurs when special characters are used in the Unique Field Name on the Edit Field Properties page of the Query Data Source.
Problem occurs in Query Viewer too if output is XML.
The following error is received when trying to run one XMLP report from "Query Report Viewer":
"Error generating report output: (235,2309)
Error occurred during the process of generating the output file from template file, XML data file, and translation XLIFF file."
By following the below steps the issue can be reproduced:
1. Log in into PIA.
2. Go to Reporting Tools > Query > Query Manager to create a new Query.
3. Create a Query on a record (for example PSQRYDEFN).
4. Go to "Expression" tab and add an expression current_date + 14 (change the length to 18).
5. Select the "Use as Field" link.
6. On the "Fields" tab, for the expression, select "Edit".
7. In the "Edit Field Properties" page, change the "Unique Field Name" to current_date+14.
Copy the value from the "Heading Text" field and past into the "Unique Field Name" field.
8. Save the new Query.
9. Go to reporting Tools > XML Publisher > Data Source to create a new Data Source.
10. Create a new Data Source using the newly created Query.
11. Generate the Sample XML Data File and Schema File.
12. Go to Template Builder and create a new RTF template using the new query.
In the template insert the current date + 14 field.
13. Go to Reporting Tools > XML Publisher > Report Definition to add a new report definition based on the new query.
14. Select the newly created Data Source and the newly created Template.
15. Go to Reporting Tools > XML Publisher > Query Report Viewer to run the newly created report.
16. Observe the aforementioned error message appears.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms