EPY: FAQ on HCM 9.0 ePay XMLP
(Doc ID 1099903.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is in process of implementation of HCM 9.0 ePay and they have some questions on XMLP Paychecks, direct deposits, printing and viewing.
1) Can you limit through setup (besides security) to allow only employees with a direct deposit advice to print and view?
2) Is there a way to limit the amount of historical check information an employee can view?
3) Is a separate server required for the DDP pdf?
4) Is there a way to limit employee's view to the current year and perhaps the previous year?
5) Another question - although employees who receive a "live" check could see their check information via self-service, the customer could continue to print the check using the PAY003.sqr and not the PDF format as they would with DDP?
6) We are upgrading to 9.0 and are interested in using the View Paycheck feature found under Self Service > Payroll and Compensation > View Paycheck. I've completed the setup and can now view paychecks through Self Service. My question is -- I can either view the paychecks (and older paychecks) through the online screen, or I can setup to view PDF paychecks, but not both. Should I be able to view both types of paychecks or is it only one or the other?
7) Some employee's aren't able to view their online paycheck data on our most recent off-cycle process. Looking further into the process I can see where a table PS_PY_SS_PSLP_GDE has some records in it for the 02-15-2010 payroll run. If this table has a record in it for the specified pay date it prevents it from viewing on the online pay check page. I could not find out any information about it except the record definition description says “Payslip Self Service”. I think by deleting this records the employees will be able to see their online pay check but I am not sure what the ramifications of deleting those records would be.
Can you see any problems with us deleting these records? We do not see where they are being used. To view your online paycheck you have to search on a page called “PY_IC_PI_LIST ” The page has a grid that uses the view “PY_IC_PI_LST_VW” This view has the SQL and the bottom of that SQL makes sure that a record does not exist in the table PS_PY_SSP_GDE_VW. If a record shows up in this table for a specific employee and paycheck you can’t select them for viewing the paycheck. The real question is why do you not want to show paychecks that have a record in this table?
8)When confirming the payroll,what are the process that we need to complete for the following requirement:
in 8.8 we used to run Print Pay Check Process (pay003.sqr)
in 9.1, do we have run Print Pay Check Process (pay003.sqr) and then Create PDF Pay check job (PYCHKUSA) ?
in 8.8,we used to run Print Advice Form Process (ddp003.sqr)
in 9.1, do we have run Print Advice Form Process (ddp003.sqr) and then Create PDF Advice Forms job (PYDDAUSA) ?
9)In self-service, PeopleSoft provides an option to the employee to request for a paper copy of the Pay Advice. When the employee puts in a request, Payroll has to print a paper copy of the Pay Advice and dispatch it to the employee. Since Direct Deposit and online Pay Advices are increasingly becoming the preferred system of pay disbursal and less and less states in the US now mandate a Paper Copy, we feel that providing the option of a paper copy to the employee should be a configurable option.
10) Is there a way to limit which earnings and deductions get printed on the paycheck?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document