ETL8.9 & 9.x: Comp Time Error (135104,110) On Prior Period Adjustment Given in Error.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 01, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Time and Labor - Version 8.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is getting comp time online error message "Comp Plan will reach a balance of -3.4 on 2008-05-26. The minimum allowed is 0 (135104,110). Minimum balance allowed is exceeded the Compensation Plan. The quantity reported as Compensation Time Taken must be reduced" and was not able to complete the processing of a prior pay period adjustment for an employee.
Steps to recreate:
1) Miscellaneous, Template560 rule is attached to employee's rule program that multiplies the comp earn hours by 1.5;
2) 4hrs of Comp time reported on 5/1/08, 6hrs of payable time is created and comp balance updated on TL_COMPLEAV_TBL and TL_COMP_DAY_BAL to 6.
3) Additional 4.4 hrs on 5/15/08 and on 4.2 hrs on 5/16/08 of Comp Earn reported, payable time of 6.6 and 6.3 created, and balance updated to 18.9.
4) 18 hrs of comp time taken reported on 5/26/08, balance updated by TA to 0.9.
5) Open timesheet as of 5/12/08. The balance is showing = 6. User didn't change the quantity or TRC but tried to change the project id and its triggered an error message at submit.
In this circumstances employee has an incorrect message that COMP PLAN KUCTOP1 will reach a balance of
-3.4 on 2008-05-26 bs of the online calculation : 6 + 8.6 ? 18 = -3.4
The balance showing on timesheet page = 6. The system is adding only 4.4+4.2 = 8.6 hrs of comp time for a balance of 14.6 hrs. On 5/26, EE recorded comp time taken of 18.0.
Because Customer is trying to adjust time for someone who has the balance but the page doesn't appear to be considering the multiplication factor of the comp time balance and produces this error.
It was working OK prior to applying 9.0 bundle #10 and can be causing by the fix for Incident #1889644000 "Comp Time validation message shows negative balance when timesheet shows balance is available? "
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms