Last updated on JULY 12, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Currency check 25-OCT-2013
When running the revenue processing in contracts (both fixed fee and as incurred) with checking the 'Process Journal Entries' checkbox, the system did not generate Journals when accounting date in CA_ACCTG_LN_PC or CA_ACCTG_LINE falls outside the GL open period.
Expect journals to be processed even accounting dates are in GL Closed periods. Ideally the system should pick up all rows or give us an option to specify the run control parameters in a different way.
1. Set up an amount based contract line.
2. Choose the Revenue recognition method as Milestone.
3. Assign one or more events of type Date to the Revenue Plan.
4. Choose an accounting date on the event that is OUTSIDE the GL open period. Ready the event.
5. Go to Process Fixed Fee Revenue run control page.
6. Enter run control parameters such that the event on the revenue plan that was readied will get picked up by CA_LOAD_GL1. Also on the run control page under 'Streamline Processing
Options', check the 'Process Journal Entries' check box. Run the process.
7. After CA_REV job completes, check the journal_id field in CA_ACCTG_LINE table....It will be blank meaning no journals are generated even though we selected the 'Process Journal Entries' check box.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users is limited to only streamlines entries that are in GL Open period only.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms