ECM: SEPA file not generated correctly if Special Characters are used -- Unable to open file
(Doc ID 1141815.1)
Last updated on JULY 03, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Cash Management - Version 9 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Due to the use of non-standard characters, the SEPA xml file (created using SEPA_CT layout) is not generated properly and cannot be processed by the bank. An error also occurs if trying to open the file using IE.
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource
In the SEPA standards, the following is mentioned:
"The characters allowed in the UNIFI messages are those of the UTF8 standard. However, only the set of Latin characters generally used in international communication will be allowed. These are as follows :
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
/ - ? : ( ) . , ' +
However, there may be bilateral or multilateral agreements to support one or more sets of characters beyond the Latin character set referred to above."
1. Modify the External Bank Account so that the layout SEPA_CT is used for Automated Clearing House. (Banking > Bank Accounts > External Accounts)
2. Enter a Voucher for the Bank/Account previously modified and make sure special characters are used. (Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Voucher)
3. Choose to Settle By Financial Gateway
4. Pay the Voucher
5. Dispatch the Payment through Financial Gateway. (Financial Gateway > Process Payments > Payment Dispatch)
6. Open the Payment file using IE, above error will occur
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!