Terminated Employee And Dependent Data Are Resent In the HIPAA 834 Files - Full File Audit and Update Only File Types
Last updated on DECEMBER 13, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Human Resources - Version 8.8 SP1 to 9.1 [Release 8.8 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The HIPAA 834 process is generating DTP*349 records for employees that were already terminated every time the process is run. This includes, but is not limited to, employees with address changes as well as dependents who were removed from coverage in the past. These extra records are being generated in HIPAA output, every time they process is run. They cause confusion for the Vendor and require manual changes (record deletions) to the vendor file in order for the vendor to get the expected information.
STEPS TO REPLICATE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up the Ben100A benefits snapshot process with a new run control ID and date.
Navigation: Benefits > Interface with Providers > Refresh Benefits Snapshot > add new run control, Language = English, put in As of Date
2. Run the HIPAA process, as of the test date
3. Setup the Create HIPAA EDI 834 File run control, using the same run control ID and date as was used for the BEN100A run
Navigation: Benefits > Interface with Providers > Create HIPAA 834 Output File - complete the values in the run control according to the vendor requirements.
4. Run the process for either the Update Only file or the Full File Audit.
5. HIPAA file is created with a long-terminated employee having an address change record and/or employees whose dependents ceased to have coverage at least a year before the current Ben100A-HIPAA run date.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms