ERS 8.9+: PERSON_BASIC_SYNC Not Updating FSCM Tables for Any Changes on Existing Person that has Not Defined Job Data in HRMS
(Doc ID 1208703.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Resource Management - Version 8.9 to 9.2 [Release 8.9 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Changes to the Personal Data from an existing Person (without Job Data record populated) in the HRMS system does not properly update its target records in the FSCM environment. Such change could be new values entered into Fields such as the below listed ones:
- Birth State (BIRTHSTATE)
- Birth Location (BIRTHPLACE)
- National ID (NATIONAL_ID)
- Email Address (EMAIL_ADDR)
- Phone Number (PHONE)
For Persons that are created from scratch as new in HRMS systems, the information is correctly interfaced into FSCM. However, any subsequent changes/updates on the Personal and/or Biographical Data performed on an existing Person without a Job Data Record (No rows in PS_JOB nor PS_EMPLOYMENT tables), while the changes are properly stored in the HRMS systems, those very same modifications are not impacting the FSCM records: PS_PERSONAL_DATA, PS_EMAIL_ADDRESSES, PS_PERSONAL_PHONE, and PS_PERS_NID.
+ Replication Steps:
- Log into HRMS Database
- Navigate to: Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Add a Person
- Create a new Person, and enter Personal and Biographical information (such as E-mail Address, Phone Number, Birth Satte, Birth Location, NIDs)
- Save the new Person without entering any Job/Employment data
- A PERSON_BASIC_SYNC Integration Broker message gets published in HRMS and subscribed in FSCM
- In FSCM, all the main records are properly updated
- Log once again into the HRMS Database
- Navigate to: Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Modify a Person
- Open the Person previously created, and go to the Contact Information tab
- Change the values of E-mail Address and Phone Number
- On the Biographical Information tab, change the values on Birth State, Birth Location, and NIDs
- Save the changes
- In HRMS, all main records get properly updated with the new values
- In FSCM, all main records still contain the old values
- HRMS and FSCM systems are out of sync for this Person's Information
This issue is causing Personal Data inconsistencies by bringing HRMS and FSCM environments out of sync. Fields such as E-mail Addresses, Phone Numbers, and alike are not properly updated in FSCM main records, which can cause workflow notifications to be sent to invalid addresses and the Employees never get the information once the Job Data is entered into HRMS.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document