E-AWE: Dynamic Path Userlist For Approval Framework Fails with 'First operand of . is NULL, so cannot access member path. (180,236) ' Error When Delivered Userlist is Used.
(Doc ID 1209296.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 11, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eProfile - Version 9 to 9.1 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.49 to 8.51 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Business requirement for promotion approval requires us to use Dynamic Path setup in a HCM 9.1 environment. An employee can have up to nine levels of Supervisor/Manager approvals. When setup as Static Path, the Userlist works but an Approver is not found as the last step if there is no Approver at that level. Dynamic allows you to turn off this message but then Dynamic Path setup does not work, when using a delivered Userlist, such as PromoteEmployeeBySupervisorID, showing the below error.
1. Clone PromoteEmployeeBySupervisorID, with new Effective Date.
2. Set Path as Dynamic Source.
3. Configure Step to use delivered App Package userlist PromoteEmployeeBySupervisorID.
4. Log in with appropriate Userid, and Promote and Employee.
5. Observe popup error, shown above.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!