EEX9.0+: Unable to Create Time or Expense Reports for a Date Before Termination Date If there is a Future Dated Rehire Date
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Expense Reports and Time Reports are unable to get created or submitted for those Employees that have been Terminated and later on Rehired by the company, when the Expense Date on the Expense Report Line or the Period End Date from the Time Report falls before the actual Termination Date.
When trying to create such Time Report, the system throws an Error Message, while when trying to Submit For Approval an Expense Report with this scenario, the system flags the Expense Report Line in Error.
+ Replication Steps:
- Log into HRMS Database
- Create a new Employee with an Effective Date of 1st of January 2010
- Now Terminate the Employee with an Effective Date of 11th of August 2010
- Now Rehire the same Employee with an Effective Date of 1st of September 2010, with a different Department ID and Job Code
- Log into the FSCM Database
- Run the Load Employee Data process
- Try to create a new Time Report for the Employee with a Period End Date of August 6th 2010
- An Error Message prevents the user from continuing
- Create a new Expense Report, with one Expense Line having an Expense Date of August 6th 2010
- Proceed to Submit For Approval the new transaction
- The validations flag the Expense Report Line in Error, preventing from going further
+ Error Message:
- For Time Report transactions:
" Period end date cannot be earlier than the hire date. (10502,235) "
- For Expense Report transactions:
" Please enter or update the following information:
Expense Date -- Date cannot be before Hire Date. "
Expense Reports or Time Reports cannot be properly created or submitted as the system is comparing the Expense Date and Period End Date values against the Employee's Rehire date, ignoring that the Employee had previously been already an Active and Valid User within the company before it got Terminated, and for which those transactions are trying to be booked.
The system validations should be comparing the Expense Report Line Expense Date and the Time Report Period End Date values against the Rehire date or the Termination Date. If the transaction date falls between the Termination Date and the Rehire date then it would not be valid, as the Employee was no longer working for the company. However, if the transaction date falls between the original Hire Date and the Termination Date, or it is greater than the Rehire Date, it should allow the transaction to go through.
To gather more information concerning <Bug 11632896>, refer to the file named 'Replication Steps for Incident # 2018557000.doc' in the Attachment section to analyze the issue and review the replication steps necessary to reproduce the problem.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms