Last updated on AUGUST 31, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.48 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When opening a BI Publisher, (XML Publisher), report generated with an output format of Excel 2007, this error message is thrown:
"The file you are trying to open, [file name], is in a different format than specified by the file extension.
Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file.
Do you want to open the file now?"
This issue can be reproduced by these steps:
1. Login into PIA.
2. Navigate to PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > System Process Requests.
3. Create a new run control or select an existing one.
4. Run the "XRFWIN" XMLP report to output type of "File" and output format of "Excel". Enter the destination where you want the report to be created.
5. Open the newly generated XLS file from the location where it has been created. On the machine from where you open the XLS file, Office 2007 was installed.
6. The warning message will appear.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms