ETL9.1: Batch Approval Creates Pending rows in TL_APP_PAY_XRF table causing Accept delegation action to timeout
Last updated on MAY 30, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Reviewed on 12/27/2010
On : 9.1 version, Approvals (AWE Payable Time), on the manage delegation page, When ‘Accept’ button is selected the page gets timed out before it actually completes the action.
Expected the action gets completed and the page does not get timed out.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1)login as employee, the workgroup Is set for approval definition tlbysuprvisorid, report time on the timesheet
3)View payable time: payable status = NA
4)view the tl_app_pay_xref table the eoawthread_status = P
5) Use the tl approval batch process to approve employees time
6)Once the approval process is complete the payable status is changed to AP
7) But the tl_app_pay_xref table still shows the eoawthread_status = ?P? pending
8) Login as the supervisor id Ku0042, the worklist still shows the pending approvals even though the time has been approved by batch approval process.
9) The eoawstep_status = P where eoawthread_id = 43 used from the tl_app_pay_xref table.
10) Eoaw_userinst; the eoawstep_status is pending.
11) The supervisor has delegated the authority to approve payable time to ku0010.Login as ku0010 and the accept the delegation authorities. The customer receives performance issue while accepting the delegation and times out.
The customer analysis, Delegation approval taking long to process is only a symptom of the tables (tl_app_pay_xrf, eoaw_stepinst and eoaw_userinst) still in status of pending. Had those rows been set to approved, they would not have been processed when the proxy accepted the delegation which is why the acceptance timed out. We determined this by looking at the trace, it was processing all those rows that were still set to pending in the tables and had timed out before completing..
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms