Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Succession Planning - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 26-Nov-2013***
Customer has succession plans that are 11 digits in length. On the installation table they have entered a 11 digit number as the "Last Succession Plan ID". When the customer allows the system to automatically assign the new number when creating a new succession plan, they get a "The maximum Employee ID of 9999 has been assigned (1000,76)" error.
The customer was able to work around the issue by changing the employee field length from 4 to 11.
The maximum Employee ID of 9999 has been assigned (1000,76)
Auto-generation of employee Ids is in effect. The system failed to assign the next available employee ID because that ID exceeds the maximum employee ID allowed.
For example, if employee ID is a four-character field and the last employee ID assigned was 9999 (stored on the installation table), when the system attempts to increment 999 by 1, the result overflows the allowable four-character limit.
Contact your data processing department so they can determine how to solve this problem. The Last Employee ID Used (on the Installation table) can be reset to zero, if appropriate, or the size of the employee ID field can be increased. The former solution may not be appropriate because most employee Ids may already be in use. The latter solution necessitates a major volume of changes to your database and should be undertaken very carefully.
STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1. Navigate to: Main Menu > Set up HRMS > install > installation page > product specific > review the current value in the "Employee Field Length".
2. Navigate to: Main Menu > Set up HRMS > install > installation page > Last ID Assigned. Change the last Succession Plan ID to a 11 digit number e.g: 12345678901
3. Save information > log out of the system. Then go back into the installation pages to ensure the Succession Plan ID is showing the 11 digit number entered.
4. Navigate to Main Menu > Organizational Development > Succession Planning > Create Succession Plan. Allow auto number creation > Link a Candidate the plan and click on apply
5. Error: "The maximum Employee ID of 9999 has been assigned (1000,76)" is displayed.
6. Go back to the installation table and review the number that is displayed as they "Last Succession plan ID".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms