Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.50 to 8.50 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrading to PeopleTools 8.50, there are issues pinging the node. The first ping is successful, but after that, it fails every time.
The issue is seen only for some vendors.
1) In PIA_stderr.log, the following error occurs:
HttpTargetConnector:ExternalSystemContactException Received fatal alert: unexpected_message
2) msgLog.html file shows the following error:
version="1.0"?><IBInfo><Status><StatusCode>10</StatusCode><MsgSet>158</MsgSet><MsgID>10721</MsgID><Parameters count="1"><Parm>IOException: The host couldn't be resolved.</Parm></Parameters><DefaultTitle>Integration Gateway Error</DefaultTitle></Status></IBInfo>
3) When using https protocol, packet trace on the machine, shows the send of a "Client Hello" message, following by the external server sending a TLS Layer Alert of "Fatal / Unexpected Message".
Issue is replicated as follows:
1) Go to PeopleTools->Integration Broker->Integration Setup->Nodes
2) Do a search and find the 3rd party (eg Staples)
3) Then go to the Connectors tab and click Ping Node.
The first time it is successful and all subsequent pings are unsuccessful.
Upgrade to PeopleTools 8.50
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms