Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Ledger close process generates duplicate journals for period 0.
We did some investigation, and noticed that this happens when journals are present with an adb date in a different year than the journal date.
In this case a separate calculation is done in this case for the ADB ledger (because this is different from the normal ledger in this case).
But it looks like for the ADB ledger also a journal is created.
This makes it very difficult to do a reconciliation between the journals and ledger (when you summarize the journal lines (PS_JRNL_LN), the amount does not equal the balance in the ledger (PS_LEDGER))
So for the reconciliation I should exclude the journals generated for the ADB Ledger. Problem in this case is that it is impossible to see from the journal whether it was created for the regular ledger or for the ADB ledger.
the separate calculation of the period 0 balance for the ADB ledger should not generate journals.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new journal with journal date in 2010. Change the ADB Date to a date in 2011.
2. Create a second journal (can be a copy of the first) In the case make sure the journal date and adb date are both in 2010.
3. Edit and post the journals (in post make sure that you also post the adb.
4. Run request ledger close for this BU for fiscal year 2010
5. Search for journals in journal entry
Usually this creates two journals (240 and 241) because we are using two book codes.
But now two additional journals have been created 242 and 243.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms