Explode Activity Triggers Off-Flags Not Working On Multiple Employee and Benefit Record Numbers
(Doc ID 1322002.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Benefits Administration - Version 8.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Benefits Administration (Ben Admin) - Multiple Jobs -Explode activity triggers OFF-Flags not working independently on multiple employment record numbers & multiple benefit record numbers
- If multiple jobs triggers is configured to NOT explode, as they want the records to work independently in Ben Admin
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Immediate problem --an error is generating that a primary job is missing.
For the date of adding the second job and ben rcd nbr, there is a primary job on each empl rcd nbr/ben rcd nbr combination
Replicated in Education & Government (E&G) environment
2. Unclicked the Explode Activity Triggers and clicked Save. The following warning message showed:
Review Eligibility Rules before disabling Multiple Jobs automatic triggering. (3000,603)
3. Reviewed the eligibility rules between the 2 benefit programs to be used for the testing - ensured no eligibility rules in common.
4. Checked biweekly payroll - built balance Ids and biweekly pay calendars for 2011.
5. Hiring steps
a) Employee hired in empl rcd nbr 0/ben rcd nbr 0 primary job in 2004 (using existing pay calendars), enrolled in first benefit program,
b) terminated employee Jan 5/11, benefits enrollments terminated through ben admin
c) rehired Jan 17/11 to empl rcd nbr 0/ben rcd nbr 0 primary job, enrolled in second benefits program
d) Employee then hired to primary job in empl rcd nbr 1/ben rcd nbr 1 in May/11, backdated to Jan 1/11, to be enrolled in second benefits program.
6. Tried to schedule the empl rcd nbr 1/ben rcd nbr 1 HIR event for Jan 1/11.
"A Primary Job for this Benefit Record does not exist as of the event date of the Bas_Activity trigger row. The Bas_Activity trigger has not been deleted - please ensure that there is a Primary Job in effect for this Benefit Record prior to scheduling events in Event Maintenance again. (MSGData1: BAS Action Source, MSGData2: Event Dt, MSGData3: Event Effseq)"
Error parameters -- TJ, 2011-01-01, 000.
7. There was a primary job in effect at Jan 1/11, tied to empl rcd nbr 0/ben rcd nbr 0 . And the new
hire empl rcd nbr 1/ben rcd nbr 1 is also a primary job, so the error message is incorrect.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document