Last updated on OCTOBER 04, 2013
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.50 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If data of a cell in a grid has a long continuous string longer than the original column width, then the header will be misaligned with the rest of the grid in terms of column widths.
The problem affects scrollable grids and not regular grids.
See attached screenshot Problem_Screenshot ("850_Grid_Columns_Misaligned.jpg") for a clear picture of the problem.
Sample Replication Steps for an HR environment:
1. Login to HR application
2. Browse to: Setup HRMS > Product Related > Profile Management > Content Catalog > Content Items
3. Select Content Type of "Competency"
4. Add a new Competency with any Content ID, e.g. "TEST123"
5. For Description, enter a long continuous string, e.g. "LONGWORDHERETOTESTISSUE"
6. For Ability (required value), select any value from the dropdown
1. Browse to: Main Menu > Self Service > Learning and Development > My Current Profile
2. Select a Profile, Click Continue
3. Under Competencies, click Add New Competencies
4. Select a Competency with a long continuous string, such as "TEST123" that we created earlier
6. Click on Add New Competencies again to add a second competency
7. This time choose any delivered Competency that does not have a long continuous string
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms