PC_PO_TO_PC deleted BIL/BLD from COM rows when PO is changed
Last updated on JUNE 05, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 22-JUL-2014
After dispatching a PO with a project chartfield, the PC_PO_TO_PC Application Engine creates lines in table PS_PROJ_RESOURCE with an analysis type of COM.
If the project has a rate set attached, other lines may be created by the PC_PRICING Application Engine.
As we bill the COM lines to internal clients, the PC_PRICING AE creates a BIL line in ps_proj_resource for each COM line.
The BIL lines are sent to PeopleSoft BI via the CA_BI_INTFC Application Engine.
The PC_BI_TO_PC AE retrieves the revenues and transforms the BIL lines into BLD lines in table PS_PROJ_RESOURCE.
Then, the PO user modifies the PO and changes the project chartfields on which the COM and BLD lines are imputed.
When starting the PC_PO_TO_PC Application Engine again, the BLD lines get deleted in table PS_PROJ_RESOURCE !
The expected result would be to create an offset COM line and an offset BIL line in PC instead of purely deleting lines.
For example, if the COM and BIL line are worth 1500$, we should have :
This solution has many advantages :
- no discrepancies between PC and PO
- no discrepancies between PC and BI after the second BIL line is distributed
- no discrepancies between PC and GL after the second BIL line is distributed
- the history of PO imputations can be tracked in PC
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. After dispatching a PO with a project chartfield, Run PC_PO_TO_PC to create COM and BIL (thru pricing engine)
2. Process the BIL to billing via CA_BI_INTFC. Finalized the bill and ran PC_BI_TO_PC to update the BIL to BLD
3. Then, the PO user modifies the PO and changes the project chartfields on which the COM and BLD lines are imputed.
4. When starting the PC_PO_TO_PC Application Engine again, the BLD lines get deleted in table PS_PROJ_RESOURCE.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms