EEX 9.1: Expense Report Status is Approvals In Process Even though Last Active Approver Flagged with Approve For Payment has Approved
(Doc ID 1357248.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 02, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Having configured the Transaction Definition for Expense Reports to have Pre Pay Auditor in first place, and later on Expense Manager Approval level on second place, the Approve For Payment flag has only been selected for the first one of them both. With this setting configured, not only Pre Pay Auditor approval will take place first, but being the last active approver flagged as having the task to Approve For Payment selected, once the Expense Report gets approved by such user, the transaction should be placed in Approved For Payment status, even though additional approvals may still be pending.
- Home > PeopleBooks > PeopleSoft Enterprise Expenses 9.1 PeopleBook > Managing Approvals in PeopleSoft Expenses > Understanding Approval Rules > Final Approval Rules
" Expense reports display a status of Approvals In Process until the final approver who is authorized to approve for payment has approved the transaction. Upon final approval, PeopleSoft Expenses changes the status to Approved for Payment. If no reimbursement is due back to the employee, PeopleSoft Expenses sets the status to Paid. "
However, even after that last active approver with the 'Approve For Payment' flagged has approved the transaction, the Expense Report Header Status is still in Approvals In Process, instead of Approved For Payment as it should.
- Navigate to: Enterprise Components > Approvals > Approvals > Approval Process Setup
- Open the existing ERApproval definition
- Click on the 'Clone Approval Process' link
- Set Set ID SHARE and Effective Date '01-01-2000', and click on OK
- Set the new Approval Process into Active status, and change the Stage Number from Expense Approval stage from a delivered value of 3 to a new value of 7
- Save the changes of the new ERApproval process definition
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Approval Setup > Transaction Definition
- Open the one for Expense Reports, under Set ID SHARE, and add a new Effective Date row for 01-01-2000
- Delete all the Expense Transaction Detail rows that exist, and then only recreate the Pre Pay Auditor and Expense Approver Manager rows, reloading the Stage Identifiers, and selecting the Active flag
- Make sure that the Approve For Payment flag is only selected for the Pre Pay Auditor approval line
- Save the changes
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Approval Setup > Approver Assignment
- In the Approver Assignment setup page, define MGR1 as the Pre Pay Auditor for GL Business Unit US001, and User ID MGR2 as the Expense Approver Manager for same GL Business Unit US001
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Expenses
- Select the Workflow Enabled flag, and make sure to have only selected the Approval List Routing flag as well
- Log into the FSCM 9.1 Database as User ID EXA1
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expenses Center > Expense Report > Create
- Create a brand new Expense Report for Employee ID KU0021, and submit it for approval
- Note that the Expense Report has a status of Submitted For Approval, and been routed to first Pre Pay Auditor, and then to Expense Manager Approver
- Log into the Database as User ID MGR1
- Navigate to: Manager Self-Service > Travel and Expenses Center > Approve Transactions > Approve Transactions
- Select and approve the Expense Report
- The Expense Report is still having a Header Status of Approvals In Process, instead of Approved For Payment
The current behavior of the Approvals Workflow is contradicting the specifications of PeopleBooks, and delaying the possibility to stage and pay Expense Reports.
Being the Pre Pay Auditor the last active approver flagged for 'Approve For Payment' properties, once this approver approves the submitted Expense Report, it should go to 'Approved For Payment' status.
Please see replication steps document for more details.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document