E-PIA: Cursor Position Reset on Autocomplete / TypeAhead Field, in IE9
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 18, 2014
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.50 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using IE9, on prompt fields, after the auto completion is processed, the cursor goes back at the beginning of the field.
This does not happen on IE8, the cursor stays at the end of the field even after the type-ahead fires and the list of values appears.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Log into PIA using Internet Explorer 9..
2. Look for any field that supports type-ahead lookups.
3. Begin typing a word included in the prompt table.
4. Stop for a few seconds, The auto completion is launched and return several results under the field.
5. Then the cursor is set at the beginning of the field
If the user goes on typing, he will get a word meaningless.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms