DT_OF_DEATH On PERSON Record is updated, But Not PERSONAL_DATA When Termination/Death Job Row Inserted
Last updated on AUGUST 20, 2013
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Human Resources - Version 8.9 to 9.1 [Release 8.9 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Select and employee through Menu - Workforce Administration >Personal Information> Biographical > Modify a Person
2. Enter a Date of Death in the Date of Death field and Save
3. Run the sequel statement SELECT DT_OF_DEATH FROM PS_PERSONAL_DATA WHERE EMPLID='xxxxx
4. Result DT_OF_DEATH FROM PS_PERSONAL_DATA is showing in the Record
5. Then run the following SQL statement:
SELECT DT_OF_DEATH FROM PS_PERSON WHERE EMPLID='xxxxx'
6. Result is the Date of Death shows in the record
7. Select another employee through Workforce Administration> Job Information> Job Data
8. Insert a new row and use the Action 'Termination' and the Reason of 'Death'.
9. Run the two SQL Statement again for this Employee ID
10. Result DT_OF_DEATH on PS_PERSON gets populated upon saving the Job record, but the DT_OF_DEATH on PS_PERSONAL_DATA does not.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms