EEX9.1: Approver is Unable to Open Expense Report Submitted in a Different Language (10502,317)
(Doc ID 1374496.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The first Expense Approver user that tries to open an Expense Report ID in a different language than the one that was used to be created and submitted, the system will throw an Error Message (10502,317) at the Approve Transactions summary page console, or directly will not authorize the user to open the page via the PeopleTools Worklist. This will take place if for the subsequent approvers after the first one in their Approver Profile a Risk Template has been defined, and duplicates exist in both previous Expense Reports, or even within the same transaction. At this stage, Expense Approvers are unable to review and approve the submitted Expense Reports, which halts further the approval process.
+ Replication Steps:
- Have a Multi-Language FSCM environment with languages such as French and English
- Log into the Database in English language as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Approval Setup > Transaction Definition
- At the Expense Report Transaction Definition activate the levels of HR Supervisor and Pre Pay Auditor
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Approval Setup > Risk Template
- Open the one for PREPAY AUDITOR, and make sure to select the Duplicates Exist flag
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Approval Setup > Approver Profile
- Open the Pre Pay Auditor Approver Profile and set a Risk Template of PREPAY AUDITOR
- Log into the Database in French language as User ID EXA1
- Navigate to: Libre-Service Salarié > Espace Voyages & Frais > Note De Frais > Créer
- Add a new Expense Report for Employee ID KU0021, making sure that the transaction has 2 identical Expense Lines (Same Amount, Transaction Date, etc...)
- Submit the Expense Report, and make sure it gets successfully routed to the HR Supervisor (User ID EXS1) and Pre Pay Auditor (User ID MGR1)
- Log into the Database in English language as User ID EXS1
- Navigate to: Worklist > Worklist
- Try to open the item from the submitted Expense Report
- Getting Error Message #1
- Navigate to: Manager Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Approve Transactions > Approve Transactions
- Try to open the submitted Expense Report
- Getting Error Message #2
- When checking the Application Package PeopleCode Subscription Contract tracefile, observe the Error Message #3
+ Error Messages:
1) Error Message at the PeopleTools Worklist level:
" You are not authorized for this page. "
2) Error Message when trying to open the Expense Report at the Approve Transactions summary page:
" The following error occurred during accessing pending approval: (10502,317) EX.Approval.MISC.PendingApprovers.OnExecute Name:PendingApprovers PCPC:2560 Statement:49
Called from:EX.Approval.MISC.ApprovalPermission.OnExecute Name:ApprovalPermission Statement:2
Called from:EX_UI.ApproveTransactions.ProfileAttributes.ProfileAttributes.OnExecute Name:SetProfileAttributes Statement:9
Called from:EX_SHEET_APPR.GBL.PreBuild Statement:20 "
3) Error Message at the Subscription Contract PeopleCode level stating something went wrong with the Risk functionality:
" Caught Exception: Mise à jour du SQLExec non valide pour ce type de programme PeopleCode. (2,146) EX_APPRV.Risk.OnExecute Name:InsertERRisk PCPC:59507 Statement:848
Called from:EX_APPRV.Risk.OnExecute Name:ProcessRisk Statement:143
Called from:EX_APPRV.Risk.OnExecute Name:GetRisks Statement:42
Called from:EX.Approval.List.EXApproverList.OnExecute Name:getList Statement:363
Called from:EX.Approval.List.EXApproverList.OnExecute Name:GetUsers Statement:158
Called from:EOAW_CORE.ENGINE.DefStepInst.OnE "
The Expenses Approvers are unable to open the submitted Expense Reports that have been routed to them, and as such, approvals are not taking place, potentially delaying Employees and Credit Card Vendors' reimbursements.
In a Multi-Language environment, it should not matter in which language has an Expense Report been created, submitted, and/or approved. Workflow should flow smoothly allowing any language to take part of the Approval system.
To gather more information concerning this issue, refer to the file named 'Replication Steps for Defect # 13110681.doc' in the Attachment section to analyze the issue and review the replication steps necessary to reproduce the problem.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document