EGL: Journal Edit Fails with Out Of Balance Error for Journal Generated from Subsystem, "The transaction for ledger %1 is not in sync with the primary ledger transaction"
(Doc ID 1377535.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Journal Edit fails for Journals Generated from subsystem with the following error:
- Navigate to Main Menu > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > General Ledger > General Ledger Definition and set Currency Option for Translate Ledger Exchange Rate to Inherit from Primary Ledger.
- Navigate to Main Menu > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Journals > Source and open the AP Source. On the Currency Options page set Currency Balancing Option to Balance by Base Currency Only.
- Create a Malaysian voucher in AP with transaction in base currency of MYR.
- Pay this voucher in USD a month later with a new exchange rate.
- Post the voucher and payment transactions.
- Accounting entries are generated correctly for both Primary (Inherit Base Currency) and Translation (USD) Ledgers with the respective accounting dates: -
- You can see on the voucher accounting lines table that there seem to be an imbalance in the Foreign Amounts for Payment, as the transactions do not net to zero. This is okay as the amounts are presented in both currencies (which would be equal when converted to one currency).
- Run Journal Generator and create the journals
- Run Journal Edit on the journals
- Journal Edit recalculates the monetary amount on the Translate Ledger for one line on the payment journal, and fails for being out of balance
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document