Insert a New Row in Position Data Using Component Interface Does Not Default the Job Code Description to the Job Code
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 07, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Change the Job Code from one value to other value for a Position number in CI_POSITION_DATA and save the transaction. After changing the Job Code the DESCR and DESCRSHORT are not changing.
(Replicated in HRMS 9.1 with no bundles applied).
1. Navigate to Organizational Development > Position Management > Maintain Position/Budgets > Add/Update Position Info.
Example: For position number 19000012 the JOBCODE is 120000 and Title is Administrator and Short Title is Adminstr.
2. Open the application designer and open CI_POSITION_DATA component interface.
3. Right click on CI_POSITION_DATA and click on Test Component Interface
4. Open 19000012 position number
JOBCODE 120000 has DESCR 'Administrator' and DESCRSHORT 'Admnstr'
5. Change the JOBCODE from 120000 to 120010, immediately DESCR is changed to Administrator-Human Resources and DESCRSHORT is changed to HR Adminstr.
6. Click on save button. Check the same in online application.
7. The Job Code, Title and Short Title are reflecting correctly in HRMS 9.1 with No bundles applied
The same operations are performed in HRMS 9.1 Bundle # 5 applied. The Title and Short Title are not reflecting correctly.
For Example : For position number 10000008 the Title is Customer Representative and Short Title is Cust Rep.
1. Open the application designer and open the CI_POSITION_DATA and click on Test Component Interface.
2. Change the Job Code from 770005 to 140010 for Position number 10000008.
3. Upon saving the transaction after changing the Job code the DESCR and DESCRSHORT are not changing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms