EAM: Depreciation calculated incorrectly for InterUnit Transfer with "Depreciate When In Service" checked
(Doc ID 1394421.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Currency checked on 28-Sep-2017***
When performing an IUT (InterUnit Transfer) with Depreciate When In Service selected for the Transfer To Asset Id, the depreciation is calculated incorrectly. That is, the depreciation begins prior to the period of transfer.
Depreciation for the transfer to asset id should start in the period of transfer regardless of the value of the Depreciate When In Service switch.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1) Create an Asset with an asset profile for which Depreciate When In Service is NOT checked.
2) Update the Asset Profile by checking Depreciate When In Service on all books. Note that you will have to click the Change History button.
3) Perform the IUT to a new asset id with Use Profile selected.
4) Review the depreciation for the transfer to asset id.
1) Create an asset with an asset profile for which Depreciate When In Service is checked. Uncheck Depreciate When In Service on both asset books before saving.
2) Perform the IUT to a new asset id with Use Profile selected.
3) Review the depreciation for the transfer to asset id.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!