Last updated on OCTOBER 09, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Job Data entry dates (Department, Job Code, and Salary Grade) are being updated incorrectly when transferring an employee via Manage Hires when the Effective Sequence must be incremented. In this scenario the entry dates are being updated to the date of new job data row. The customer is using this process to promote employees.
1. Find a Position to be used in testing.
2. Go to an employee’s Job Data.
3. Insert a new row with Effective Date = 1/1/2011 and transfer the employee to the Position.
4. Note the Department and Department Entry Date.
5. On the Job Information tab, note the Job Code and Job Code Entry Date.
6. On the Salary Plan tab, note the Salary Admin Plan, Grade, and Grade Entry Date.
7. Insert a new row of data with Effective Date = current date and Action = Data Change. This will be used later during Manage Hires to require Effective Sequence to be incremented.
8. Go to Find Applicants. Note that Employee KU0087 is Applicant ID 500134.
9. Go to a Job Opening that uses the same Position.
10. Link the applicant to the Job Opening.
11. Prepare and Accept a Job Offer.
12. Prepare the applicant for hire. Set Start Date = current date and Type of Hire = Transfer. The Start Date will ensure that the sequence = 2 in Job Data.
13. Go to Manage Hires and select the applicant.
14. Click Add Job.
15. On the Work Location page, note that the Effective Sequence has not been incremented and Department Entry Date has been updated.
16. On the Job Information tab, note that the Job Code Entry Date has been updated.
17. On the Salary Plan, note that the Grade Entry Date has been updated.
18. Click Apply.
19. Error (18,2) is received (see below).
20. Increment the Effective Sequence to 1 and click Apply.
21. Note that the data is saved, but the Entry Dates are incorrect.
Data being added conflicts with existing data (18,2)
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, Entry Dates are incorrect which impacts Benefits.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms