EAM: PC fields not interfaced To AM for AP close voucher transaction, causing errors in AMDPREPT
(Doc ID 1394762.1)
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked on Currency as of 01-Oct-2018 ***
Project Costing Fields (PC Business Unit, Activity Id, and Analysis Type) are not being passed for Payables close voucher transactions. This causes the PS_COST table to have different chartfields which results in incorrect depreciation and the failure of the Load Depr Reporting Table process (AMDPREPT). Based on our testing it is the AMPS1000 process which loads data from the PS_INTFC_PRE_AM table into the PS_INTFC_FIN and PS_INTFC_PHY_A tables and it is not passing these values. Since the INTFC_FIN table is incorrect, the subsequent AM tables are also incorrect. This is causing the AM jobs to fail when uploading depreciation data to the Depreciation Reporting Table (PS_DEPR_RPT) with AMDPREPT.
The expectation is that the PC chartfield values will be passed/not passed for the AP close voucher exactly as is occurring for all AP transactions interfacing into AM. The issue is that the PC CF values appear to be processed differently for the AP close voucher than for other AP transactions.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1. Create a voucher tied to an Asset profile with PC fields populated (pc bus unit, project id , activity_id ).
2. Post voucher and interface to AM.
3. Pay the voucher and run payment posting
4. Cancel the payment with option to close voucher liability.
5. Run payment post and voucher post to create the cancel and close entries.
6. Run INTFAPAM, AMPS1000 and AMIF1000 to interface the close entry to AM.
7. Review the PS_COST table for the discrepancy.
8. Run AM_DEPR_CALC. Incorrect depreciation calculated.
9. Run Load Depreciation Report Table process (AMDPREPT) for this asset. Fails with no success.
Due to this issue, PCCF fields are passed in some cases and not passed in others. Meanwhile, the PCCF fields that are populated are causing the AMDPREPT to abend.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!