EAR9.1: ACTOB When Using Multicurrency Netting Transactions and Different Exchange Rates
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The issue needs to have netting and items on different dates, and add exchange rates for different dates too. The Deposit created will use the correct exchange date as per the date of the transaction, but when you apply the item to the WS then ARUPDATE, will not use the exchange rate as per the date of deposit hence it will create the wrong Real Gain/Loss accounting entries.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a new item as coming netting in GBP currency, Use Business Unit US001, and Customer USA02 and currency GBP;
- Check the Exchange rate used is 2.438,84 as of 2nd Dec 2011, Accouting entries created and rate used is as of 2nd Dec;
- Add a new effective date of market rate of 3rd Dec 2011 for GBP-USD;
- Create a Voucher and use netting to pay in Account payables Use Business Unit US001, and Vendor ID USA0000002;
- Check Bank account properties so we can use the netting bank and Currencies USD and GBP, Post the Voucher;
- Do a manual selection of the voucher with the net reference created. Enter all necessary information in Settlement Instruction, Payables and Receivables tab in cash management;
- Enter the Voucher ID created , Press Submit, Approve the netting transaction;
- Enter another new Effective date for market rate for 5th Dec 2011;
- Run PayCycle manager;
- Use the Netting reference Id created previously;
- After all Payables process have run and Successful;
- Run ARUPDATE;
- Check the data in PS_ITEM_DST, and PS_VCHR_ACCTG_LINE for the RATE_MULT field
- Navigate to Deposit in Receivables and check all the amounts and exchange rate. Used 2.0 as per the Netting date of 8th Dec, and as per last effective date of exchange rate entered of 5th Dec.
- The Payment is in ERROR, the exchange rate used is the old one of 2.43384091, as per effective date of 2nd Dec Where in the rate table there are more effect date of rates, 3rd and 5th Dec
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms