Pre-Encumbrance for Non-Prorated Value Added Tax (VAT) Amount is Not Reversed when Purchase Order (PO) is Budget Checked which Cause Error of "Predecessor Not Found" Budget Checking Voucher
(Doc ID 1419614.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Requisition is created and Budget Checked. The Requisition includes VAT and this is handled as a non-prorated Misc Charge. The Requisition is sourced to a Purchase Order (PO) using PO Calculations (PO_POCALC) and Create Purchase Orders (PO_POCREATE) processes. When the PO is Budget Checked, it is noticed then that the VAT amount is not reversed. It is stuck in the pre-encumbrance. If the PO is further processed to a Voucher, when the Voucher is budget checked, the budget error below is received.
Predecessor Not Found.
Steps to recreate the issue:
1. Create a requisition that includes Non-prorated VAT.
2. Save and Budget Check the requisition.
3. Row now exists in REQ_LN_DIST_NP table for the VAT Amount.
4. REQ_PRECNP transaction is created in Commitment Control.
5. Use Req Selection to stage the requisition.
6. Run the PO Calculations process.
7. Run the Create Purchase Orders process.
8. Query PO_LINE_DIST_NP – no rows are created.
9. Budget Check the PO. Status is Valid, but the VAT amount in REQ_PRECNP transaction was not reversed.
10. Dispatch the PO.
11. Create a voucher from the PO.
12. Budget check the Voucher.
13. Budget Status is Valid, but Budget Misc Status has "Predecessor Not Found" error.
14. The VAT amount is still stuck in pre-encumbrance.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document