Receiving Error Finalizing Budgets, Error "Class Record method GetField field BUSINESS_UNIT_PC is invalid. (2,273) "
(Doc ID 1426048.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Budgets
Finalizing Grants Budgets is throwing the following error
"Class Record method GetField field BUSINESS_UNIT_PC is invalid. (2,273) PC_KK_WRK.FUNCLIB.FieldFormula Name:PeriodCalendar PCPC:3907 Statement:37
Called from:PC_BUD_WRK.FINALIZE_SW.FieldChange Name:LoadIntfcTbl Statement:71
Called from:PC_BUD_WRK.FINALIZE_SW.FieldChange Name:FinalizeBudgetPlan Statement:202
Called from:PC_BUD_WRK.FINALIZE_SW.FieldChange Name:StartFinalization Statement:280
Called from:PC_BUD_WRK.FINALIZE_SW.FieldChange Statement:359
The field name has been used as a parameter of the specified method. It is not valid for the current object.
Use the PeopleCode Debugger or a PeopleCode trace to determine the point of the error, and correct the program."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enable Commitment Control for Grants and project Costing
2. Change the Rule Set to “PC Business Unit” on Commitment Control Budget Definitions “EG_UNIV_PR” and “EG_UNIV”.
3. Make sure Commitment Control is turn on for BU ‘EGV05’ and it uses the above 2 ledger groups.
4. Copy an existing proposal that has budgets in it. Example “CON(’
5. Submit the new copied proposal. Award it.
6. Go to Grants > Awards > Project Budgets. Make sure necessary fields are populated and then click on “Finalize”. This results in the above error as shown.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document