Multiple Issues with Recruiting Job Agent Search
Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Recruiting Job Agent process issues:
1) The processing structure is fundamentally flawed. Rather than using App Engine structures to define a distinct list of applicants and searches, and formatting each email of results for that applicant, it tries to do it all in one PeopleCode action. This results in mixed logic as it tries to handle the Job Opening (JO) search being processed and the prior applicant.
2) The derivation of URLs uses a mix of the indexes (prior and current). This leads to inconsistencies in the data (eg site, language)
3) URL generation uses the 'root' from the run control, saved when the job is submitted. This is never going to be correct for am external applicant. The approach advised by Oracle is to create a different PIA site with a bypass account for external applicants. The vanilla functionality cannot create a working URL
4) URL generation does not handle the language code of the applicant, despite this being retrieved for use in Set Language calls for the template and message catalog retrieval.
5) There are a number of contradictory code entries and obsolete entries,
Apart from being illogical these issues mean that no URLs will work for non-base language users, URLs will not work for all external applicants, when the applicant changes, URLs can contain incorrect site id data, and incorrect search results can be sent to applicants.
1) First applicant: duplicates displayed for each JO found.
2) URL generation does not take into account a bypass account/PIA
3) URL generation does not handle languages
4) Last applicant shows all Jobs found: does not stop at the max
5) MultiCount processing will not work outside For loop: this will never be true unless no rows are returned, in which case there is no email to send.
6) Overall structure is illogical and difficult to maintain
In addition : When 2 applicants created a Job Agent Search with same criteria, the following happens :
a) Emails has a descriptive sentence 'Use the link below to access' above URL in email which does not show up consistently.
b) Emails generated display each job opening twice even though they are only listed once in Careers.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms