EAR8.9: User Is Able to Unpost the Same Group Twice
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 8.9 to 9.2 [Release 8.9 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.9 version, Unpost
User is able to unpost the same group twice.
User should not be able to unpost the same group twice.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Accounts Receivable > Receivables Update > Unpost Groups > Group Search for Unpost to query-up (i.e. click the 'Search Groups for Unposting' button) a group to unpost. Click on the 'Unpost' link for a certain group. Then do nothing to the new page that opens up.
- Even though user should not do this step, go back to the original window in step 1 and click on the 'Unpost' link again. Remember the intent of this step is to click on the 'Unpost' link for the same group as already clicked in step 1.
- At this point user has begun the unpost process for the same group on two different pages. Process both transactions (i.e. 'Unpost Reason' and 'Accounting Date'), and save both records. Note: for the second group, user will get a warning - 'This group has already been selected to unpost with unpost reason as MISC (6045, 4) Cannot unpost on group multiple times.' Click 'OK' and continue to process.
- At this point you can pull up both transactions using the navigation path Accounts Receivable > Receivables Update > Unpost Groups > Pending Unpost Group. Process both transactions one-at-a-time by setting Posting Action to 'Post Now' and running ARUPDATE.
- Notice that there are two unposts for the same transaction. That creates inaccurate balances in the General Ledger accounts that are associated with the transactions, and it creates a negative customer balance, when it should be zero.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, customer balances are incorrect.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms