EGL: FS_ALLC: Allocations Creates Duplicate Entries On Ledger Group With KLS And Translate Ledger If Book Code Is Enabled
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Allocation creates duplicate journal entries when:
- ledger group is multibook ledger group with translate ledger, and
- book code is enabled, and
- journal edit is requested.
1. If running allocations without edit:
- Journal line numbers have gap on both primary and secondary ledger, with line numbers in primary lines different than line numbers in secondary lines
- Example can be seen in the attached <Replication_test>, where primary ledger journal lines are numbered as 6-10, 16-20, 26-30, 36-40, 46-50, 56-60, and secondary translated ledger lines numbered as 1-5, 11-15, 21-25, 31-35, 41-45, 51-55.
- Journal edit then tries to fill the gaps by adding the extra lines on both ledgers, which leads to the duplicate journal lines.
2. If running allocations on ledger group with secondary ledger ( not translate ledger), issue is not observed either with edit or without edit.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Turn on book code.
2. Setup allocation step and group
3. Run FS_ALLC with edit on a business unit with multibook secondary translate ledger.
The issue has the following business impact:
- journal edit creates duplicate journal lines on allocation journal, resulting in incorrect doubling of allocation amount
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms