Budget Checking Error is not Received On Re-Opened Purchase Order (PO) when the Budget Period is Closed
Last updated on APRIL 05, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9 to 9 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A purchase order had a PO Line with a Closed Status. The PO Distribution, budget date was for Budget Period 2011.
Later the Budget Period 2011 is set to Closed.
The PO was processed through the PO Reopen process, and the Closed Line is now Active.
The purchase order has a Not Checked budget status. When budget checking is run, the process completes and updates the budget status to Valid even though the Budget Date for the Line that was reopened is for Budget Period 2011 (which is now closed)
Steps to recreate the issue:
1. Create a transaction for Quantity 5 and the PO Distribution is using a budget date in 2011.
2. Budget check and dispatch the PO.
3. Receive Quantity 1 of the line with a budget date in 2011.
4. Voucher that Receipt. Budget Check, Match and Post the voucher.
5. Now force close the PO Line with the budget date in 2011. Budget Check the PO.
6. Set the Budget Period Status page so that Budget Period 2011 is Closed.
7. Run the PO Reopen process.
8. The PO line once Closed is now Active.
9. The PO shows a budget status of Not Checked. The Distribution Budget Status is Valid.
10. Budget Check the PO. The process completes and updates the Budget Status to Valid. Without error or warning of a Closed budget period.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms