Security Error Viewing Employee Profile Pagelet On Home Page: "The Current User has Insufficient Privileges to Complete this Operation."
(Doc ID 1437103.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Portal Pack - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An error message is displayed on the Employee Profile pagelet unless the user has Peoplesoft Administrator or Portal Administrator Role.
Error executing pagelet.
Detailed error description:
The current user has insufficient privileges to complete this operation.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Sign in as PS.
2. Enable the HCM On Demand Pagelets (navigation: PeopleTools > Portal > Structure and Content > Homepage > Tabs > Tab Content).
3. Click the Content link from the home page.
4. Note that the HCM on Demand Pagelets are displayed.
5. Check the Employee Profile pagelet.
6. Go back to the home page and note that the pagelet is displayed correctly.
7. Click the My Job Profiles link.
8. Note that the page is displayed correctly.
9. Click Ctrl + J.
10. Note the page information.
11. Go to Structure and Content (navigation: PeopleTools > Portal > Structure and Content) for the My Job Profiles page.
12. On the Security tab click View Definition for Permission List (PL) HCCPJP4000.
13. On the Pages tab click the Edit Components link for ROLE_EMPLOYEE.
14. Click the Edit Pages link for JPM_PERS_EMP_RELTD.
15. Note that this PL provides access to the My Job Profiles page.
16. On the Permission List Queries tab, click the link Permission List’s Roles.
17. This PL is included in the Employee Role.
18. Create or copy a User Profile that includes the Employee Role.
19. Sign in as the new user.
20. Note that the Employee Profile pagelet is displayed on the page with a security error.
21. Click the Content link.
22. Note that the Employee Profile pagelet is not available.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document