Last updated on MAY 04, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Payment Post not inheriting Chartfields for Discount Earned(DSE)/Lost(DSL) Entries based on Chartfield Inheritance Setup.
Expected results the Discount Accounting Entries to inherit chartfields Operating Unit and Product from Voucher Distribution
Accordingly, Posting Method is set to Detailed Offset and at the Inheritance Group for AP Distribution level, Inheritance Option for Operating Unit and Product is set to 'Inherit within Unit' and for rest of the Chartfields Inheritance Option is set to 'Do Not Inherit'.
But the Discount Entries generated is not inheriting the Operating Unit and Product from Voucher Distribution.
1. At Installation level , the Payables Posting Method is set to 'Detailed Offset Method'
Navigation : Main Menu > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Payables
2. For Inheritance Group = Payables Distrib Level Entries , set Inheritance Option for Operating Unit and Product as 'Inherit within Unit' and for rest of the Chartfields set the Inheritance Option to 'Do Not Inherit'
Navigation : Main Menu > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Design ChartFields > ChartField Inheritance > ChartField Inheritance
3. The Accounting Policy for Discount is set to 'Gross' and the DDiscount Allocation Policy is set to 'Allocate Discounts'
Navigation : Main Menu > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Procurement > Procurement Control
4. Voucher with Discount Payment Terms is entered and paid within the Discount Due date. Note Operating Unit and Product Chartfields are populated on the Voucher Distribution.
5. Run Payment Post.
6. As expected Payment Post generated Discount gained entries (DSE).
The account defaulted from Accounting Entry setup.
But the Operating Unit and Product which should defualt from the Voucher Distribution based on the Chartfield Inheritance and Posting Methos , was left blank.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms