E-PIA: PT 8.52 'xml is invalid' Received in Pages, Autocomplete, Lookups, Edit Fields and Menus when Special Characters Are Used
Last updated on JUNE 21, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A new code that was introduced in PeopleTools 8.52.06 in the PT_AJAX_NET HTML object is causing various problems, mainly page freezing or incorrect display in the page.
The following scenarios are known until now:
A) Adding special characters to a long descr field prevents the browser from opening the saved update
Reproduction Steps including Navigation:
1. Navigate to Main Menu, Setup HRMS, Foundation Tables, Job Attributes, Job Code Table.
2. Open first SHARE id item (Job Code 110000)
3. Click Correct History Button at bottom
4. Paste the following into the job descr (not RTE field).
Test data is in the document test_data.docx
6. Return to search, pull up the record you saved. (CT Note: If you saved it in IE it won't come up. In Demo it works fine to paste the data in and retrieve it with Firefox. If you paste it in with IE and retrieve it with firefox it fails.)
Another replication scenario:
1) Log into PIA(8.52.07/FSCM9.1) Main Menu, Purchasing, Procurement cards, Reconcile, Reconcile Statement
2) Click Search.
3) Select the comment icon for any row.
4) Copy the following text into the comment box – “testing special characters -> —“. Click Ok.
5) Click on the comments icon for the row that was just edited (the comment should display).
6) Click Ok.
7) Click Save.
8) Navigate to the page shown (doesn’t matter where you go as long as you leave the current page).
9) Return to the previous page. Reconcile Statement
10) Click Search.
11) Click comments icon for row that was edited previously.
12) Browser hangs and spinning icon never goes away
B) Floating Main Menu behaving strangely:
1) When the left hand menu pagelet(or another pagelet) is present on the Homepage, the application behaves normally the only problem being the fact that the right hand scrollbar is not getting displayed on some of the pages.
2) If no pagelet is displayed in the Homepage, when trying to click on any item in the Drop-down menu, instead of seeing the item expand, a Navigation collection is shown in a small portion of the page. Also multiple JS errors are seen.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms