Last updated on MAY 22, 2013
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Below are the reported issues:
For random Vouchers, PYMNT_VCHR_XREF shows GROSS_AMT_BSE = 0 even when PYMNT_GROSS_AMT is set correctly. Since GROSS_AMT_BSE = 0, when Payment Posting is run, RSA entries are getting created on VCHR_ACCTG_LINE.
When a VAT Voucher is created with the VAT applicability as Exempt, the PYMNT_VCHR_XREF.GROSS_AMT_BSE is populated as 0. As a result, Payment Posting creates RSA entries when the payment is posted.
Payment Posting fails at AP_PSTPYMNT.SRV- APAS.GBL.default.1900-01-01.Step01.OnExecute PCPC:1552 Statement:6, with an error when a VAT Voucher is created for a Vendor which is taxable, the Invoice line is changed to VAT Exempt, and the Voucher is then paid manually.
Decimal division by zero occurred. (180,109) AP_PSTPYMNT.SRV- APAS.GBL.default.1900-01-01.Step01.OnExecute PCPC:1552 Statement:6
Payment Posting creates incorrect accounting entries when the Voucher is paid using the Pay Cycle with Separate Payment.
After following and completing ISSUES 1, 2 and 3, the Vendor Aging report has blanks next to these Vouchers. As result, the total is incorrect.
For ISSUE 1 and ISSUE 3
1. Set Posting Method to Summary Method
2. Created 2 Vouchers for 2 Vendors for VAT Business Unit with no VAT amount entered on both the Vouchers
Vendor CAN0000002 was set as VAT exempt
Vendor CAN0000002 was set as VAT Taxable
3. When Voucher was created for CAN0000002, the PYMNT_VCHR_XREF .GROSS_AMT_BSE was set to the correct amount
4. When Voucher was created for CAN0000003, since the VAT was taxable, changed the invoice line VAT to Exempt and then saved the Voucher. When the Voucher was saved, the PYMNT_VCHR_XREF .GROSS_AMT_BSE was set to 0.
5. Paid both Vouchers through the same Pay Cycle with the Action of Separate
6. Ran Payment Posting. Process went to success.
7. Checked the accounting entries (VCHR_ACCTG_LINE) -- RSA entries were created for the 2nd Voucher where the PYMNT_VCHR_XREF .GROSS_AMT_BSE was set to 0.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms