Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a page transfer/redirection takes a longer time, the processing icon "spinning circle" disappears on a page transfer, leading users to think nothing is happening. But if user clicks on anything on the page before the page transfer completes, when the target page is finally loaded, the target page does not work correctly. For example, look up prompts do not work on the target page.
One example can be found in FSCM 9.1.
1. Navigation: Navigation: Items > Configurable Item Templates > List Maintenance
2. Add a new value
3. Fill in any random ID name for the Item Template List ID
4. Fill in all fields on the "Item Template Group List" and "Item Template Permission" pages:
On page Item Template Group List:
Template Group: select "Business Unit Item Group" from dropdown
Item Fields Template ID: select value from lookup prompt
Item Values Template ID: select value from lookup prompt
On page Item Template Permission:
Role Name: select value from lookup prompt
Maintain List: checked
Add Item: checked
5. Save component
6. Now you can use the "Add Items" link at the bottom of the "Item Template Group List" page to replicate the issue
7. Click "Add Items" link, notice that the Processing "Spinning Circle" appears for less than a second, then disappears completely, making the user think it's done processing.
8. If you now quickly click "Add Items" again (or another hyperlink) before the new page displays
9. When page loads, the page does not function normally. For example, none of the look-up prompts work.
10. Now go back to Items > Configurable Item Templates > List Maintenance, and start over
11. Click "Add Items" link, and watch the Spinning Circle disappear again, but this time wait until the transfer completes and the new page displays
12. When page loads, the page (look up prompts, etc.) will work properly
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms