E-PIA: Modal Prompt Search Field Not Getting Populated In PT 8.52
Last updated on DECEMBER 22, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sometimes, if the user types in a few characters into a prompt dialog, and then clicks the magnifying class, the resulting list of prompt values is ALL values, and the field is empty (as if they had not typed in anything before clicking the magnifying glass). In our current release, if you type, for example 'US' in the Business Unit and then click the prompt lookup, you will get a list of values starting with US. Now, sometimes you will get the US values, other times the Bus Unit field is empty in the lookup and you get all values.
This issue was replicated by Support in 8.52.09. The key to replication is to click on the lookup very fast, before the type-ahead table appears.
1. Navigate to a page that has a prompt field (e.g. General Ledger- Journals - Journal Entry - Create/Update Journal Entries )
2. Clear "Find" search dialog with Clear button.
3. Typed single "V" in User ID field, then click magnifying class icon. As expected, prompt lookup shows values starting with `V¿.
4. Close dialog without selecting anything. Now click and drag in User ID field to highlight the "V" and just type "V" again.
5. Press magnifying glass icon, all values are listed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms